Age of Dragons
- +10,000,000 BYK : In the mythic past, the world was one and the progenitor wyrms, the first and greatest of dragon-kind, ruled all. The three most powerful (Siberys, Eberron, and Khyber) discovered (or created) the Prophecy. A world-shattering struggle followed, splitting the world into three parts and scattering the Prophecy across the width and breadth of existence. In the end, Siberys became the glowing ring that surrounds the world, Khyber was bound in the darkest depths, and Eberron healed the world between by becoming one with it. Siberys called forth the next generation of dragons, Eberron created all manner of other living things, and Khyber spat out the fiends.
Age of Demons
- 10,000,000 BYK : Khyber’s fiendish offspring overrun the surface world, creating a hellish environment where rakshasas and night hags rule supreme.
- -1,500,000 : Dragons rediscover the Prophecy and rise from their primitive state to oppose their demonic overlords, allying with other draconic species, including the couatls. The common races, still in primitive states, hide from the godlike combatants and find a way to survive.
- -100,000 : Couatls sacrifice most of their number to send the most powerful of the demon lords and the majority of the fiends back to Khyber, where they are trapped for eternity. The dragons retreat to Argonnessen to contemplate the Prophecy, ignoring the “lesser races.”
Age of Giants
- -80,000 : The giants rise from the ruins of the Dragon-Fiend Wars to establish a vast and powerful civilization on the continent of Xen’drik. They enslave elves and drow, which has the inadvertent effect of pulling the first of the common races out of their primitive state.
- -60,000 : Dragons make contact with the giant kingdoms and begin to teach the giants how to use arcane magic. The elves watch and learn from their place at the giants’ heels. The giants quickly master the arcane arts, creating wonders unequaled even in the modern day.
- -40,000 : The quori invade Xen’drik through a gate that connects Eberron to Dal Quor, the Plane of Dreams. After years of battle, the giants call upon the magic of the dragons to destroy the planar gate. This act results in a cataclysm that shakes Xen’drik to its core and plunges large chunks of the continent beneath the sea. The physical connection to Dal Quor is severed, perhaps forever.
- -39,000 : The remaining giant kingdoms never quite recover from the events of the quori invasion. Horrible curses and plagues sweep through the land, and the elves use the opportunity to rebel. In desperation, the giants again turn to the same magic they used to stop the quori. Before they can unleash such destruction a second time, the dragons attack. Giant civilization crumbles, the drow go into hiding in the Xen’drik countryside, and the elves flee to the island-continent of Aerenal.
Age of Monsters
- -38,000 : The giants revert to primitive monsters living in the ruins of their shattered civilization as the dragons return to their secluded continent and the elves settle Aerenal. Meanwhile, on Khorvaire, the first of the goblinoid kingdoms rises in the area that will one day become Breland and Darguun.
- -25,000 : The Undying Court appears in Aerenal. First skirmish between the elves and the dragons, which sets a pattern of long periods of peace punctuated by short, devastating battles every few hundred years.
- -16,000 : The Dhakaani unite the goblinoid nations to create the greatest empire the goblins have ever known. The Gatekeepers appear among the orcs of western Khorvaire.
- -10,000 : Aerenal elves establish a colony in what is now present-day Valenar. Peaceful coexistence doesn’t last, and the elves come into conflict with the Dhakaani. The elves abandon the colony when another clash with the dragons threatens Aerenal.
- -5,000 : Weakened by the Daelkyr War, the Dhakaani Empire is shattered by infighting and civil strife, eventually leading to the collapse of the goblinoid civilization.
The Current Age
- -4,100 : The greatpine Oalian is awakened.
- -3,200 : The Mark of Hospitality appears among halflings of the Talenta Plains. The Mark of Shadow and the Mark of Death appear among the elves of Aerenal. The dragons watch in awe and horror as the Prophecy begins to unfold among the “lesser” races.
- -3,000 : Lhazaar leads humans from Sarlona to the eastern shores of Khorvaire. The Mark of Healing appears among halflings of the Talenta Plains.
- -2,600 : The Mark of Sentinel appears among humans of pre-Galifar Karrnath. House Vol, which carries the Mark of Death, is wiped out in Aerenal. Vol the lich is created. House Phiarlan leaves Aerenal to relocate among the humans of Khorvaire.
- -2,500 : The distinct settlements that will become the Five Nations appear in central Khorvaire. The Mark of Making appears among humans of pre-Galifar Cyre. The Mark of Warding appears among the dwarves of the Mror Holds.
- -2,000 : Karrn the Conquerer establishes the nation of Karrnath, defeats the remaining goblinoid settlements, and unsuccessfully attempts to conquer the other four human nations. The Mark of Storm appears among half-elves of pre-Galifar Thrane.
- -1,800 : The Mark of Handling appears among humans in the Eldeen Reaches. Kalashtar reach Sarlona, fleeing Dal Quor and the persecution of the quori.
- -1,500 : Quori begin conquest of Sarlona. Second wave of humans reach Khorvaire’s weastern shores. The Mark of Detection appears among half-elves of pre-Galifar Breland. The dragonmarked houses launch the War of the Mark to end the threat of aberrant and mixed marks. The Twelve is established.
- -1,012 : Galifar begins his campaign to unite the Five Nations.
- -1,005 : Galifar makes a deal with the dragonmarked houses, offering them neutral status in exchange for support in his campaign.
- 1 YK (-998 years ago) : Galifar I and his five sicons – Cyre, Karrn, Thrane, Aundair, and Brey – take control of the Five Nations and establish the Kingdom of Galifar.
- 28 YK : Galifar-Lhazaar War, a decade-long conflict, begins.
- 40 YK : Galifar, now eighty-five years old, steps down and passes rulership of the kingdom to his oldest remaining scion, Cyre.
- 53 YK : Galifar I dies.
- 299 YK : The Church of the Silver Flame is born.
- 498 YK : House Sivis discovers the Mark of Finding while exploring the Shadow Marches. House Tharashk is created shortly thereafter.
- 789 YK : House Sivis message stations begin operations.
- 802 YK : The Kingdom of Galifar, in cooperation with the dragonmarked houses, funds the upgrade of the trade city of Stormreach on the northern peninsula of Xen’drik.
- 832 YK : The inquisition to wipe out lycanthropes is launched by the Church of the Silver Flame; it lasts fifty years and drives the species almost to extinction.
- 845 YK : King Jarot begins a public works project to connect all of central Khorvaire via lightning rails. Within twenty years, lines connect the Five Nations, Zilargo, the Mror Holds, and the Talenta Plains.
- 894 YK : King Jarot, the last ruler of Galifar dies. Thalin, Kaius, and Wroann reject the succession of Mishann. Wrogar backs his sister’s claim, and the Last War begins.
- 896 YK : Order of the Emerald Claw established.
- 914 YK : The Mror Holds declares it’s independence. Thalin of Thrane dies and the Church of the Silver Flame seizes control of the nation.
- 918 YK : Unknown saboteurs destroy the Glass Tower of Sharn.
- 958 YK : The Eldeen Reaches declares itself an independent nation under the protection of the Wardens of the Wood and the guidance of the Great Druid Oalian.
- 965 YK : House Cannith perfects the modern-era warforged, living constructs designed to fight the Last War.
- 986 YK : A trio of hags known as the Daughters of Sora Kell arrive in Droaam with an army of trolls, ogres, and gnolls.
- 987 YK : King Boranel pulls settlers back and seals off the land west of the Graywall Mountains. The Daughters of Sora Kell declare the sovereignty of the nation of Droaam.
- 994 YK : Cyre is destroyed; the Mournland is created. The Blackwheel Company’s efforts to oppose the githyanki Lich Queen, Vlaakith CLVII are successful and they sever all connections from the Astral Plane to the material world. No githyanki or githzerai have been seen since.
- 996 YK : The Treaty of Thronehold officially ends the Last War. The treaty officially recognizes the nations of Aundair, Breland, Thrane, Karrnath, the Talenta Plains, Zilargo, Q’barra, the Lhazaar Principalities, the Mror Holds, the Eldeen Reaches, Darguun, and Valenar. House Cannith is ordered to destroy all creation forges; the remaining warforged are granted the rights of sentient beings.
- 998 YK : The campaign begins with the players incarcerated at Dreadhold.